12.05.2009

My Life in a Page


Mucho se ha estado hablando de mi en estos ultimos dias, mas de lo que merezco, cosas buenas, cosas malas,  los adjetivos van desde falta de etica hasta irresponsable, dicen que no es bueno hablar de uno mismo, esta es mi vida en una pagina, perdonen mi Ingles, hace tiempo que no lo practico y esto lo escribi al paso. paz.

I was born in a poor community of Lima called “Santa Rosa”, Peru, in 1976, my parents were immigrants, and they only get study primary school, despite that, my father always was reading books, newspapers, and I remember read with him, he had a little library, since kindergarten I get good match, probably I start to write and draw before I could speak, my mother told me that always I was drawing things.


When I had 5 years old my parents move to Barranco, a place were in those days was a artistic place, Mario Vargas Llosa, Julio Ramón Ribeyro, lived in Barranco, the architecture was amazing, and I was so young to enter in primary school but my mother fight, and got that a I could made a test, I pass successfully and since these day I obtain always the first place, I won painting contests in Barranco, unfortunately my father leave us before I enter into the high school, despite that I get study in the same school where studied the president of my country Alan Garcia, in “Jose Maria Eguren” high school I obtained prize in math, literature, and oratory, and I was the president of students the last year that I was there.

At the end of high school I get a scholarship to contest with others students to the university that I want to chose, I choose the Universidad Nacional the Ingenieria, and I enter so quickly, when I was 16 years old I was studying, I choose architecture because I feel that I have knowledge in geometric and drawing, and always a was building things, my parents does not so agree with my decision but they respect my decision, was easy enter to the university, but was so hard stay into, because architecture was a expensive career, at the beginning I felt that I don’t get agreements in my designs, because in these university a good student only could get like 6 points o twelve to be considered a good student.

But since sixth cycle I start to get achievements, in different courses specially design an urbanism, in these days Fujimori was the president of my country, soldiers was into the university, some students founded with me a group called “Despertares”, the target the group was enter into the council of students and start to introduce democratic reforms inside the University because we knew that the government was not a democratic government, but we cannot obtained enough votes, despite that our generation, the called X generation fight peacefully against the dictatorship of Fujimori.

I finished like a first place in the last course, and the most important, design 10, I decided made my thesis in a Chile, I had to explained my decision to the council, a learn all the laws in this country, my partners told me, why so far? I said I am making my thesis in Chile no because it is easy, I am made that because is difficult, is like a challenge. Finally I obtained “summa cum laude”, in the research thesis, and in the project of graduation.

In 2004 I was a member of the CAP, is like the AIA in USA, in 2007 I was nominated to a prize, of architectonic quality, since 2007 I started my own atelier, I am member of the Arquitectum, and Barranco Como Vamos, despite the bad moments in my life I am thankful with God because these moments made me stronger and learn to appreciate the simple things.

I fixed all the personal problems with my father I forgive him, and at the end I am happy because actually inside different projects I am making a project for a technological institute in the same place when I was born, and obviously totally “ad honorem”, my people give me the free studied into a public university, and I return this gift now like an architect, and I have dreams to build and worried about political situation of my country and my city, and I am figthting everyday and I am trying to change the way we do politics in my country.

No hay comentarios: